Utah Immigration Attorneys

Utah Immigration Attorneys

Family-Based Immigration & Visas

Family-based immigration allows for close relatives of US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents to rejoin their families in the United States.  If you are an US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder), then your family members may be eligible to receive certain immigration benefits.  Our attorneys at Utah Immigration Attorneys can help determine what immigration path is best suited for your circumstance.

 US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents can petition for family members.  These family members are most often parents of unmarried children under 21, children over 21 years of age, parents, siblings, spouses, and fiancé.  The process can vary depending on whom you are petitioning for.  As such, it is best to consult an attorney to help direct you with the process.


 Some immigrants will need to obtain their Lawful Permanent Residency through Consular Processing.  Many immigrants finalize their permanent residence process by having to go to an US Consulate abroad (in or near their home country) and obtaining an immigrant visa in their passport which grants them lawful permanent residency.  This process can be confusing to navigate and is best to have an attorney to help with the consular processing.  At attorney can ensure no missteps are taken that can delay or create other problems with the process.


There are various pathways for you or your family members to obtain their Lawful Permanent Residency.  By filing for adjustment of status, you and your qualifying family members can enjoy the full benefits of their lawful immigrant status, including lawfully working and residing in the United States.  It is best to consult with our attorneys to determine if you or your family member is eligible to apply for adjustment of status.


 Your permanent resident status is ‘conditional’ if your obtain your status on a marriage that was less than two (2) years old on the day you became a permanent resident.  If you are a conditional permanent resident, then you are required to apply to remove your conditions on your permanent resident status.